2024-2025 Hall of Fame Nominations

A place where past hardwood heroes are enshrined and remembered forever. Nominations, voting and announcements take place here.

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., JNR

JNR
PBSL Team: Minnesota Timberwolves

2024-2025 Hall of Fame Nominations

Post by JNR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:59 am

NEW RULE: NOMINATIONS NOW GIVE YOU THREE POINTS. YOU WILL RECEIVE ANOTHER THREE POINTS IF YOUR NOMINEE GETS INDUCTED

Welcome to the call for nominees to the People’s Basketball Sim League Hall of Fame. The rules are simple. Nominate a player you think deserves to be mentioned among the greatest players to play in this league. Championships, all-star appearances, funny picture blogs: all of these things could mean enough to warrant a nomination. There’s only one requirement: the player has to be retired from the PBSL. There is no time restriction on retirement – as soon as a player retires, they are eligible for the HOF.

-Nominees on the ballot with over 75% yes votes get into the HOF
-Nominees on the ballot with over 50% yes votes (but under 75%) are automatically considered for next year's ballot ("free" nomination that doesn't cost any owner a yearly nomination).

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN FOR ONE WEEK, ENDING AT MIDNIGHT NEXT FRIDAY, 1/11. I WILL RELEASE THE POLLS SOON AFTER, WHERE YOU WILL HAVE TWO WEEKS TO VOTE.

Here are last season's retirees:
6/17/2024 Thunder PG Patrick Beverley retires
6/17/2024 Nuggets C LaMarcus Aldridge retires
6/17/2024 Nuggets PG Chris Paul retires
And notable free agents who retired last year:
Andrew Bogut
Rajon Rondo
And from the years before:
Chris Bosh *INDUCTED TO HOF*
LeBron James
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Steven Hunter *INDUCTED TO HOF*
Carlos Boozer
Al Jefferson
Joakim Noah
Arron Afflalo
Ron Artest *INDUCTED TO HOF*
Chris Kaman
Kevin Martin
Amare Stoudemire *automatically up for vote this year*
Delonte West
And here are the other HOF nominees from the past few years who did not get in. Perhaps you want to nominate them again this year?
Antonio McDyess
Ray Allen
Keith Van Horn
Mike Miller
Dirk Nowitzki
Amar'e Stoudemire is automatically up for nomination due to receiving over 50% of the vote last season.

NEW RULE: NOMINATIONS NOW GIVE YOU THREE POINTS. YOU WILL RECEIVE ANOTHER THREE POINTS IF YOUR NOMINEE GETS INDUCTED

digiskunk
PBSL Team: Utah Jazz

Re: 2024-2025 Hall of Fame Nominations

Post by digiskunk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:34 am

This year, I will be nominating LaMarcus Aldridge. Throughout his entire career, he dominated the league offensively, averaging 20.4 points per game with 8.1 rebounds and 1.9 assists—clearly, an overall juggernaut of a player. Defensively, he grabbed a lot of boards; and although he never racked many steals or blogs, he made up for it with his offensive prowess. Another reason why I am nominating him is his durability: only 4 times in his career did he play under 82 games per season. Furthermore, he had 5 All-Star appearances, 2 All-League Second Team selections, and 2 All-League Third Team selections—not to mention he was a 5x All-Star.
Tani wrote: Kings deepthroated the jazz this sim
Tani wrote:I was inhergirlattic with ur mum
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JNR

Post by JNR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks, Gary. You can collect 3 points.

JNR

Post by JNR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:56 am

When I did the article of the Computer Hall of Fame, I found a name there that I hadn't really given any consideration to.

Carmelo Anthony

"Now Raby," you're saying, "Was Carmelo actually that good?" It's fair of you to ask that. After all, he was part of the 2003 draft. And he wasn't LeBron James, who put up eye popping numbers. And he wasn't Chris Bosh, a top scorer of all time. And he wasn't Dwyane Wade, who won three championships. But as I looked at his resume, I found myself more and more convinced that the Computer wasn't wrong when they added him to their Hall of Fame.

17th on the All Time Scorers List. Career averages of 21.9 points and 5.3 rebounds. He scored over 20 points a game in THIRTEEN STRAIGHT SEASONS. He also won a championship on the Hawks as probably the second best player, and he took home 7 All Star selections.

He was overshadowed by the players in his class, but I think he compiled a much better career than anyone actually knows, and he deserves a look at the Hall of Fame.

JNR

Post by JNR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:56 am

I can collect 3 points. And I will.

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 am

When I read the article of the Computer Hall of Fame, I found a name there that I hadn't really given any consideration to.

Rajon Rondo

After all, Rondo wasn't ever a 20 point per game guy. He never won a championship ring. He only made one all-star team. All that aside, he's my favorite IRL player, and the computer thinks he deserves it. Here's why.

Despite a bad rap, Rondo is one of the most unselfish players in the game. He finished a 17 year long career with over 10,000 total assists, leading the league in that category twice, and averaging a double double with points and assists 6 times in a row. And while his court vision and playmaking abilities were instrumental in leading his team to the playoffs 12 out of 17 years, his play on both ends of the court deserves to be applauded.

Rondo led the league in steals and racked up 2,758 of them in his storied career. He made 1st team all-defense 3 times and 2nd team 4 times. Ryan gave him a 5-year supermax once, and he's the champion of the league. If the champion GM gives you a 5 year supermax, you've got to be pretty hot stuff.

You won't get consideration for most accolades in PBSL without being a predominant scorer, and because of that, Rondo isn't on anyone's all time best lists (except for the computer), but his game elevated the predominant scorers around him, and he did everything you want your point guard to do with hall-of-fame level skill.
ImageImage

JNR

Post by JNR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:52 am

Thanks Josh, you can collect 3 points.

TheSyndicate
PBSL Team:

Post by TheSyndicate » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:24 pm

Though he never really met expectations, so few of the great IRL players do in our league. That being said, his career was still HOF-worthy, and so I officially nominate LeBron James.

LeBron was drafted #1 overall in 2023 appropriately by the Miami Heat. In the following 14 seasons, he led the Heat in scoring in 11 of them, and the 3 he didn't, he led them in Assists. He's the Heat's all-time leading career scorer scoring over 25,000 points with them and over 31,000 in his career overall.

If you take off his last 5 seasons when he was well past his prime, his career averages are 24/6/5, and his 3rd season began a streak of 12 seasons shooting above 50% from the field. He should also be celebrated for his longevity - a 19 season career that included 11 All-Star appearances (one ASG MVP), 5 All-League teams, 2 All-Defense teams, and 3 slam-dunk contest wins.

While he never won a ring, you can't tell the story of SLOE without him, and that's why he belongs in the HOF.
6 Rings. That's it. That's the tweet.

JNR

Post by JNR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanks, Ryan. You can collect 3 points.

WigNosy
PBSL Team: Atlanta Hawks

Post by WigNosy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:49 pm

I'm going to throw out a guy I think deserves a nod: Carlos Boozer - his final player page is here: http://pbsl.ijbl.net/2021/players/player408.htm

Boozer was drafted in 2002 by the Celtics and by the time he completed his rookie contract, he was averaging 23 ppg and 8.9 rpg on .532 shooting and led the Celtics to a 50+ win season. It was clear he was destined for stardom, so the Celtics naturally re-signed him in RFA to a 4-year deal... for some reason, with a team option. Booz averaged 25.6, 23.5, and 27.3 ppg those seasons. After three more 50-win seasons, as that team option came due, Conroy made the decision that threw everything off the rails for the Celtics. Three little words... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2883&p=28302#p28302 - "Celtics decline Boozer."

Speculation ran rampant, but many seemed confident this was just a formality so Conroy could supermax him a year early and move that big 5th year payout to during his prime rather than after Booz was out of his prime - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17&p=28306&hilit=Boozer#p28306 - but, boy were things wrong on both counts. The bombshell was dropped in the offseason (18 real days later) - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3025&p=28805&hilit=Boozer#p28805 - when Boozer turned down the Celtics' supermax to jump ship and head to the Timberwolves. In other words, sim Boozer did to Conroy what real Boozer did to Gordon Gund. Not only that, his prime didn't last just 5 seasons. It lasted twice that (so there was no reason to abort that contract early).

The Celtics' franchise went into a decade-long tailspin. And Boozer? He went on to average over 25 ppg for the next 6 seasons. Ironically, the man became even more known as a mercenary at the end of that contract (Minnesota traded him to Cleveland) when he again chased max money and left the Cavaliers high and dry by making a run to the Bucks - see viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3957&p=36556&hilit=Boozer#p36556.

He made the all-league team 6 times and 9 all-star appearances (and would have made another but for injury - see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3799&p=35207&hilit=Boozer#p35207). He holds the PBSL record for rebounds in a single game (26 versus the Hawks - http://pbsl.ijbl.net/2006/boxes/box154-4.htm). Per http://pbsl.ijbl.net/lists.php?page=car ... 0&type=Reg he is #13 all-time in Points Scored and #11 all-time in rebounds.

Most importantly, he was the original Ruiner of Franchises by declining supermax offers. Maybe he deserves to be in the hall of Infamy, but you can't tell the story of the league - particuarly the Celtics struggles of the late-00's - without Boozer. For a decade - from 2005 through 2015 - he was a dominant force at PF. He deserves to be in the Hall.
ImageImageImageImage

JNR

Post by JNR » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:23 pm

Thanks, Wig. You can claim 3 points.

Return to “The Hall of Fame”