Wig's other project

Gamers welcome! Debate the X-Box One vs. PS4. Start up an online connected franchise, MyCrew, etc. Share video game recommendations and any news!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa.

WigNosy
PBSL Team: Atlanta Hawks

Wig's other project

Post by WigNosy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:27 pm

So, you may ask, what is the "other project" that I've been working on and that I'm happy to hand off commissioner duties here for?

Well, it's a browser-based game I put together a few years ago - I handed development off to another team and a few months ago was asked to return to the fold to help with more development. Basically, it's "the end of the world" and you play either an angel or a demon or a supernatural human fighting for control of the rebirth of the universe. Warning - the graphics are NOT the best; at its heart, it's a text-based game - the technology it is built on is about a decade old (though we are looking at revamping the interface in the next iteration).

One of the features of this game is that it gets "reset" at regular intervals - classes and skills change a bit, new maps are revealed, and all characters are reset to level one so that everyone starts out on the same footing. We just applied out the final patch for the current iteration of the game (the fourth iteration) this morning and are now turning our attention to working full bore on getting the next iteration done. I expect that will happen some time around the new year (maybe a little later).

It's free to play. Each account gets you three characters (you can donate to add more slots) so you can try different classes. You can form factions (think guilds or clans) and work with other players. Right now the active player base is about 100 players. Which means that this crew here, with about 25 to 30 people, could be a force to be reckoned with if everybody jumped in (not right away; since the game is in a mature state right now and you'd just be starting out, most characters are more powerful than you would be - I would suggest the best idea would be for everyone to dive in, spend the next 2-3 months getting familiar with the rules and conventions of the game, get to know some of the other players and pick their brains for strategy, then be ready to band together when the reset hits).

The game is https://www.nexusclash.com/ - it really is a desktop game - in its present state it is not terribly mobile friendly (though doable with a tablet; one of the hopes when we rebuild the interface it to improve mobile playability). It's a "play a couple of times a day for 5 to 10 minutes at a time" game (you have a limited number of actions that you can take at a time, they recharge slowly and you're back at full capacity in about 12 hours at the start, though eventually that goes up to 18 hours). It is NOT "pay to win" - the only thing your donations can get you is additional flavor items with no mechanical advantage or additional characters (though each character must live a separate "life" and you can't team up with your own characters the way you team up with others') - you can't pay to recharge faster.

My handle there is not WigNosy - it's Bob Q. Generic - and if this is the kind of thing you'd like to waste 10 minutes per day on, please check it out. While there is quite a bit of lore and backstory, the philosophy is that the lore is there to make the world more real but the REAL stories are player-driven, not developer-driven; the game is there for you to tell your own stories, not to have someone else's story dictated to you. And if you find it's something you like, well, spread the word; getting the player base up would be terrific.

I'll try to keep an eye on Skype in case anyone has any questions.
ImageImageImageImage

LoCo89
PBSL Team: Steward

Re: Wig's other project

Post by LoCo89 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:02 pm

I'm about to get my Zork on with this
Sent via carrier pigeon named Robbie

Return to “The Arcade”