S29- Final Standings and Suggestions

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

false9
PBSL Team: Parts unknown

S29- Final Standings and Suggestions

Post by false9 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Here's the tracker for reference.

Southeast- 4212
Central- 3357.6
Northwest- 1920.6
Southwest- 1377.8
Atlantic- 1286.1
Pacific- 858.4

3rd place goes to the Northwest- participants TheSyndicate and Digiskunk can claim 1 point.
2nd place goes to the Central- participants Garbageman, Pauly P, and IamQuailman can claim 3 points.
1st place goes to the Southeast- participants WigNosy, false9, Darth Vegito, and Logpmess can claim 5 points.

Now the individual standings-

False9- 1823.7
IamQuailman- 1795.4
Garbageman- 1622.1
Nickmalone77- 1591.2
WigNosy- 1360.9
digiskunk- 1309.5
Darth Vegito- 1247.6
Conroy- 1063.7
Nola- 1014.6
TheSyndicate- 1001.1
Inner_GI- 556.7
paulyp- 410.6
logpmess- 406.9

3rd place goes to Gar Bageman- claim 1 point
2nd place goes to IamQuailman claim 3 points
1st place goes to false9- claim 5 points

Thanks to all who played this season.

Now- I'd like to take this chance to get some feedback. What would you guys like to see next season? Some ideas that have been thrown around so far-

-Weighted averages for Division scores
-Scrapping Division winners altogether and more individual winners/points for the season
-Skipping Sim 12 (and maybe 11) since there were some rested players. There wasn't too big an impact as far as the final standings, but still notable 0's.

Obviously this discussion will be moot if I'm not re-elected or if people are bored of this version of Pickem. But thoughts are always welcome!

Courtesy of the big homie RPF

NOLa.
PBSL Team: Sacramento Kings

Re: S29- Final Standings and Suggestions

Post by NOLa. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 am

Is the division total final numbers, because I know for sure I was the only Pacific GM participating and I finished with 1,014.6 points, but Pacific total is 858.4. I know it won't make a difference for me but just noticed the totals seem off.

IamQuailman
PBSL Team: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by IamQuailman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am

I really enjoyed pickem this season. Great job Andy!

Was the 3-player change a lot more work for you? I mean obviously it tripled the amount of tallying you had to do, but what is your feedback on that? Do you think 2 players would be the sweet spot or is 3 okay going forward?

I kinda agree with skipping sim 12 or maybe changing the format of it to picking playoffs standings or some awards or something.

What about "re-do"s for mid sim injuries? Example: I pick player A in Game 2 as one of my 3. Player A gets hurt during Game 1 and is out for 20 days. In the "redo" scenario, I would be eligible to pick a 4th option on the next sim (must be the following sim) and call that one specifically out as a "redo" applying to the previous sim.
- injured player does not count towards your picked player list
- can ONLY pick your redo in the next sim (no later)
- redo points count towards the previous sim's total BUT DO NOT IMPACT THE STANDINGS FOR THE SIM 1st and 2nd PLACES (redo makes me the highest score in the sim, still do not get to claim 1st place pts for winning the sim... but points do count towards individual score total)
ImageImageImageImage

false9

Post by false9 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:44 am

NOLa. wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 am
Is the division total final numbers, because I know for sure I was the only Pacific GM participating and I finished with 1,014.6 points, but Pacific total is 858.4. I know it won't make a difference for me but just noticed the totals seem off.
I'll double check at home, but probably due to TURBO BOOST only counting towards individual, not division totals.

*evening update*- that is exactly what happened. Turbo boosts only count toward individual totals (perhaps another point of discussion).

false9

Post by false9 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 pm

IamQuailman wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am
I really enjoyed pickem this season. Great job Andy!

Was the 3-player change a lot more work for you? I mean obviously it tripled the amount of tallying you had to do, but what is your feedback on that? Do you think 2 players would be the sweet spot or is 3 okay going forward?

I kinda agree with skipping sim 12 or maybe changing the format of it to picking playoffs standings or some awards or something.

What about "re-do"s for mid sim injuries? Example: I pick player A in Game 2 as one of my 3. Player A gets hurt during Game 1 and is out for 20 days. In the "redo" scenario, I would be eligible to pick a 4th option on the next sim (must be the following sim) and call that one specifically out as a "redo" applying to the previous sim.
- injured player does not count towards your picked player list
- can ONLY pick your redo in the next sim (no later)
- redo points count towards the previous sim's total BUT DO NOT IMPACT THE STANDINGS FOR THE SIM 1st and 2nd PLACES (redo makes me the highest score in the sim, still do not get to claim 1st place pts for winning the sim... but points do count towards individual score total)
Three is actually ok- once I get the formulas and spreadsheet going, it's fine. It helps when two GMs uhhh coincidentally make the same pick. I'm ok with 3 (unless all 30 GMs started participating).

Skipping sim 12 and integrating the playoffs in some way would be interesting...

The idea of a re-do isn't bad...call it a retro boost once a season maybe (gotta keep the branding consistent).

Good stuff!

Return to “Sim Vegas”