S71 Town Hall #7: Go Bold or Go Home

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

MexicanMamba
PBSL Team: Clippers

S71 Town Hall #7: Go Bold or Go Home

Post by MexicanMamba » Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:01 pm

Everyone loves some bold predictions, right? Well, beyond the championship winner, can you come up with any result this season that you'd consider a BOLD prediction and explain how we'll get there.

Rules: 1 point if you give thoughtful answers, which I will award after the timer ends for responses. The timer ends for responses at the moment the corresponding week's Sim is run.

Note: Use approximately 5 sentences as your bare minimum for 1 point. If you write 3 long, complex sentences, you'll still get a point. If you write 5 3 word sentences, you will not get a point. Don't @ me.

Due: Sim 7 deadline.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

LazyTitanSmash
PBSL Team: Mavericks

Re: S71 Town Hall #7: Go Bold or Go Home

Post by LazyTitanSmash » Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:11 pm

I suspect the trade deadline will be more dead than last year. Most teams know who they are and are on the path they want. Only a few teams have win now players but not a win now team. Plus one of those teams is the Rockets and they aren't watching the regular season.

I think at least one of the teams that would be in the playoffs today in Alpha will not be there come playoff time. I think one of those teams becomes a sell team. The Mavs over team the Raptors and win the Division. We got the fire power to take down the Raptors.

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Post by greepleairport » Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:48 am

Pistons first L of 2061 is coming next sim against the Blazers or the Heat.

They might be the best team in PBSL history and on the sure path for the best regular season record we’ve ever seen, but their L is coming next sim against one of these two teams.

Losing to the Blazers is the more bold prediction. I’m not sure exactly how it happens, but since Doug likes to talk about acquiring Charley quick, I think the quick man could be the one to chop the Pissies down.

More realistically, the Heat have the best shot to topple the Pistons win streak. Momentum is on their side, and with their depth of bigs I think they have the staying power to get a huge win in Miami and really boost their claim to emerge from Omega as first time conference champs.

…so that’s my bold claim. That, or LTS trades with someone not named cashcab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somehow I manage.

AngryBanana
PBSL Team: Boston Celtics

Post by AngryBanana » Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:59 am

I am going to keep the theme of my Celtics with this Town Hall, but I am going to flip the switch here (sorry Penny for stealing a Drake quote). I think that the Boston Celtics are going to manage to make the playoffs this season. A few things lead me to believe this. First off, the start of this horrendous season was one that I never could have predicted. What I couldn't have even guessed would go wrong, did. I thought I had a top 5 team in the conference going into the season. So now that my team is starting to gel more and I get more production out of my guys (and closer to a full squad once Hood-Schifino comes back) I should be in a good place. I have already started to see some improvements over the past month, going from a horrendous loss streak to now being only three games out of eight place. Add to that the Nuggets are trying to tank and the hope that the Grizzlies will also sell off more/tank more. I think I have a decent chance at the playoffs if I can keep improving my chances.

pennpanther1
PBSL Team: Toronto Raptors

Post by pennpanther1 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:42 am

The Pistons will break the record for best regular season (my guess is 79-3) BUT they will lose at least 4 games in the playoffs on their way to the 3-peat. I think they will also be the nice guy and not trade for Charley Quick because they care too much about how the league views them. I also think the Mavericks are not going to catch the Raptors but I like that they are not embracing a loser mentality. I think the Celtics are going to jump a few teams and claim the 8th seed and even win a game against the Warriors. I also think Charley Quick is going to win MVP (unless he gets traded to Detroit, which he will not because the Pistons are too nice).

IamQuailman
PBSL Team: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by IamQuailman » Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:23 pm

I think the NEW ORLEANS PELICANS will not only make the playoffs but WIN a Round 1 series. Currently, they are matched up to the Suns who have waved the white flag on the season already. There's a chance they fall to 4 seed even. But regardless of facing the Suns or Pacers, I think their team has a line-up that is ready to break out. January was a rough go (2-8 in the last 10 games, but to be fair 8 of those 10 games were away which is always a struggle for a young & upcoming team). I still think they need one more trade, preferably for someone more defensively oriented on the wing, to take them to the next level though. Someone like Hoyt Timmerman would really turn their fortunes around.
ImageImageImageImage

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:28 pm

The Kings, again in complete auto pilot, will win a playoff series. Mac McClung will find a way to average a triple double, and we'll all then realize there should be bonus points for such a feat. The Pels will overcome their current feelings of gunshyness and pull the trigger on a strong deal to upgrade their roster in a trade market crippled by everyone wanting to avoid doing anything major. The scoring leader will be AJ Blaze. Only the Magic and Spurs will congratulate the Pistons when they win again.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Mon Aug 26, 2024 1:52 pm

My bold prediction is that either the Bucks or Timberwolves will make a move before the trade deadline. The two newest GMs haven't really emerged from under the radar yet, but with about 175mm in cap space between them, there should be a lot of easy, low risk opportunities in there to get something done...even if there isn't that much dead salary to be jettisoned. If BOTH teams complete a trade, at least one of them will involve the Magic. Meanwhile, the Utah Jazz will remain in the tax and miss out on the playoffs. Finally, I believe the Pistons will make a trade before deadline, but one of their top 5 players will suffer an injury in sim 12.
ImageImage

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:23 pm

The Mavericks will dump Sue Bird's contract on the Hawks and say the Hawks got a great asset. The Cavaliers will finish below .500 this season. The Pistons will win at least 45 games in a row. The Trailblazers will miss the playoffs and still owe a tax. The Kings will respond to everyone's DMs after the trade deadline. The Celtics will not get their draft pick back but will get a lottery pick via trade.

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Post by Black Superman » Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:03 pm

My bold prediction is; despite a very spoiled season where we know the results. There were still be at least 5 trade deadline trades between sim 7 and 8 at the deadline.

1. The raptors have to figure out the akins situation. Either combine him with points and get another quality player or sell him off to a team with cap space. Taking his 50M cap hit through the rest of the season would be malpractice.

2. The wizards even with their second best record in the league, have to figure out a way to get some fire power into this lineup. Blaze is on the block, a long with some others. They need more scoring to have a shot against the pistons. Wizards defend like crazy but....so do the pistons. And right now, the pistons have the 3 best players in that series and their other 2 stars also defend. Wiz have no bonified offensive star and I think they would get swept against the pistons and wouldn't crack 100 in any game.

3. The Lakers need to figure out a way to get blaze on a better team while also not taking the salary back in full. They know this, and theyre working on it. The only thing hindering a blaze trade, is the pistons has the entire league frozen. A trade for blaze is a win now move, but unfortunately no one is gonna win. Unfortunately it's a tune we've sung for a season or two and it's going to be the end of the league.

4. The heat traded for Wemby and now are not even using him. He's not the offensive star that he once was, but they're ignoring he's their best rim protector. Kuminga is great for offense and rebounding but does 0 on defense. To win in this league you have to defend. If they're not gonna use Wemby in a split role with Kuminga, they should try and shed the salary.

5. The wolves, bucks, bobcats, magic, and hawks should all be involved in some type of trade for a salary dump or two. The magic will market themselves, but unfortunately the other 4 won't. Hopefully folks see this and reach out those gents for some points relief.

You're all welcome for this free non requested advice. Now go make my bold statement a reality! 5 trades and beyond!
This is your captain speaking

Mike Lowry
PBSL Team: Miami Heat

Post by Mike Lowry » Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:08 pm

I think I already made this statement elsewhere, but I'm going against the 3-peat.
My prediction is that an untimely injury does what the rest of the league can't.
The Pistons will be upset before making the Finals.
New Champs this season.
What cha gonna do

Jedihero
PBSL Team: Nuggets

Post by Jedihero » Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:15 pm

My bold prediction is that no matter how hard I will try, I will end up squeaking into the playoffs, and then I will actually have to try and may even take a series or two, because I'm so experienced in the playoffs now.

Another prediction is that the Celtics are going to try and make a big move before the deadline. They have been toying with the idea but they might ACTUALLY pull the trigger and make something of themselves.

BigDaddyd8720
PBSL Team: Pelicans

Post by BigDaddyd8720 » Mon Aug 26, 2024 3:20 pm

My bold prediction:

The Rockets end up with the #1 draft pick. For the second season in a row, this team just can't find a way to generate any offense. More than halfway through the season and they are averaging less than 100 points/game. They are looking like a team to end up in the lottery for sure and I think they get "lucky" this time. They likely won't finish last in the standings but we all know that doesn't matter. Unless this team finds some way to get some offense going, they are definitely going to be looking at a chance at the #1 overall pick

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:31 pm

+1
Jedi
Mamba
Lowry
Greeple
K100
Quail
Garbagman