Season 66 - Town Hall #2

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

Darth Vegito
PBSL Team: New Orleans Pelicans

Season 66 - Town Hall #2

Post by Darth Vegito » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:16 pm

Rules: 1 point if you give thoughtful(and I stress THOUGHTFUL) answers which I will award after the timer ends for responses. The timer ends for responses at the moment the corresponding week's Sim is run.

Deadline Oct 4th, Wednesday 5pm, Sim #2.

QUESTION:
After Sim #1, how do you feel about your team? OVERREACTION IS ENCOURAGED!!!

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Re: Season 66 - Town Hall #2

Post by Black Superman » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:13 am

I have to figure out a way to not play the spurs. Very confused why a non divisional team(spurs) I would have to play 5 times. Makes no sense. Pretty annoyed. So I'm gonna go 77-5 since the spurs are the only team that can beat me.

All jokes aside, I am still unsure of the team. I pretty much have all the components needed in a starting lineup but meh bench depth. I don't know if it's enough to make a drastic trade. Team feels like it's win now but unlike in recent years I am a little aware that some teams are just straight up better and pushing the envelope to battle with those teams doesn't seem smart.
This is your captain speaking

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:07 pm

I feel like they performed kind of as expected. It's a bummer to see James Andrews go down because I wanted to run a lineup with Svi/Andrews/Dirks/Ayo/McClung...that'd give me a front court that could block, steal, and hit a jumper, but alas. I don't think the injury or the start changes the plans. I'm still not thinking that this is a team, post-TC, that has even a ghost of a chance to repeat. Still way more open to selling than I am to buying, and I'm still looking a few seasons down the road rather than looking towards the playoffs, even though I fully expect to make them. I'm a team in transition and the transition still has some GM work to do before it's close.
ImageImage

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Post by greepleairport » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:19 pm

All the teams I played - except the S66 champion Lakers - had losing records and I split my wins and losses. I did not know what to expect, but I now know that I can go all the way because the Lakers only beat me by 21 points and have a point diff of 27 so I am 6 points closer to being champ than the rest of the league. So what if the 2-5 PG-less Magic beat me by 40 something?? Or if the 1-7 Bobcats beat me by 1 point? I'm not keeping track, just keeping my eye on GOLD...that will inevitably be touched by the S66 Los Angeles Lakers.

I was hoping for more from Kamari Brown based off of preseason results but he's still raw. I liked what Kevin Cross did with his uptick in playing time and will start him next sim. Otherwise everyone is on the block - how else will I lose to the Lakers in the finals??
Somehow I manage.

Xist2Inspire
PBSL Team: DC Wizards

Post by Xist2Inspire » Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:29 pm

I feel a bit annoyed. I was kinda hoping Remy would be great and we lose, but he's on another level entirely, which clearly makes us better than the lower end of the league, so...I guess tanking isn't an option, nor is going on autopilot.

It doesn't look like Okay's going to bring much to the table, which is disappointing after a very promising preseason. Being 5th on the team in ppg is just embarrassing. But, I was wrong about Finch, so I might be wrong about Okay too. Still, Probst's scoring ability makes it very tempting to just start him instead and go all-out with crashing inside.

digiskunk
PBSL Team: Utah Jazz

Post by digiskunk » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:43 pm

Utah Jazz: We opened up the season 0-7—a far from ideal statistic—but pretty funny when you think about how many Jazz fans wasted money on those tickets. But let's focus less on the negatives and more on the positives, shall we? During our losing streak, we got to see more of our key players (Snotty, Booger Morrow) in action and saw how well they gelled together on the court. There was a lot of hype surrounding Snotty entering the league and I feel like he's lived up to it. Moreover, I feel like Booger is really trying to prove a point out there. And let's not forget about Morrow... I don't think anybody saw him averaging more than 22pg after the first 8 games. Absolutely incredible. You can't make this up, folks.

Now, let's address the elephant in the room: Defense. To say that we've been playing poor defense would be putting it lightly; in fact, we've been quite bad. Not only are we 0-7, but we lack pride as well—one of the most important ingredients needed to build a championship team. Any sort of momentum that our team gains is quickly extinguished by Snotty Sanders, who not only has a +/- of -23.4 but who's also about as unpredictable and volatile as they come. After every game, he corners the team mascot into a corner and begins single-handedly exterminating his ribcage with blow after violent blow. We've had to hire like 8 guys now just because everybody else has been hospitalized.
Tani wrote: Kings deepthroated the jazz this sim
Tani wrote:I was inhergirlattic with ur mum
:lol: :lol: :lol:

LazyTitanSmash
PBSL Team: Mavericks

Post by LazyTitanSmash » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:06 am

I feel like the key players on my team are doing exactly what expect. Scoot is going off for 23.9 points a game. Dominitrix Johnson isn't ready yet not is coming along nicely and making contributions in year 2. E.J. Liddell is doing almost exactly what I predicted.

There are three things that really surprised me first Joseph Morelock for 18.3 per game. There is no way this number hold for the rest of the season.

My bench does not work on this team, time to cut their minutes. They do not fit right together.

Not as many wins as I expected. I thought I would be a .500 team but for some reason we still aren't there.

cashcab
PBSL Team: 1ball2ruleall

Post by cashcab » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:46 am

I'm feeling very good about my team! My core players are playing very well and Leroy is a huge contributor. I do look forward to playing against the Lakers to see how we do, but I don't have high hopes.

Not sure why Goodwin is getting any playing time when we have 3 very talented bigs, especially in a tight game against the bulls... however it is very impressive to see Gman and the bulls hold their own after a horrific TC, don't count them out! I agree we'll be seeing them in the final unless he trades all his players to set up for the future.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

78#
PBSL Team:

Post by 78# » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:54 am

I don't feel great overall. The offense hasn't been as good as advertised. The team doesn't care about taking care of the ball, they're not making 3s, they don't protect the rim. Sion James is not taking over like he was supposed to. He's deferring to Dejuan Baker and Larry Williams way too much. Very disappointing and probably will be a disappointment not just this season, but long-term. The team showed no fight getting blown out at home by the Pacers and then lose to the Grizzlies. Pathetic first sim. I could have spent money tax money elsewhere like on cars, strippers, and prostitutes. This team is basically done after this first sim.
Image Image

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:48 am

I feel pretty good because the team played pretty much as I expected it would. This team cannot play defense to save its life but they are no slouches on offense either. I liked playing in shootouts with everyone and checking out the box scores. My favorite part of Sim 1 was seeing nobody, especially the so-called good teams like Minnesota and Houston contain Vaughn Millsap. I think he is definitely going to be in the running for scoring leader and 6th Man honors if this pace keeps up.

AngryBanana
PBSL Team: Boston Celtics

Post by AngryBanana » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:24 pm

The first sim wasn’t the easiest, so my overreaction is that I want to sell off Ainsworth, Mobley, Walker, and King (maybe) to rebuild around my younger guys.

Part of the reason I had trouble was the recommended. But even so, my offense isn’t nearly as good as I expected, and the defense is nowhere near what I want it to be. I am probably running same again today which won’t help anything but such is sim life.

So get at me if you want one of the above!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eazy P
PBSL Team:

Post by Eazy P » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 pm

I feel ok. Hopefully they can keep doing what they are doing. Glad the team got off to a fast start offensively tho. Hopefully the defense plays better. Can't put too much into the 1st sim tho. Some teams are still trying to figure out their TC/Game plans. I am just happy to be 5 games over .500 for the first time in a long time.

IamQuailman
PBSL Team: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by IamQuailman » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:03 pm

Darth Vegito wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:16 pm
QUESTION:
My team honestly is about where we expected to be in terms of "middle of the pack". Hub & Bridges both look fantastic, and despite that, I am still actively shopping them around as I look to get a little younger and build a new young core around Lauri & Bernardo. However, if nothing plays out, we could see how things are starting to look approaching Sim 3 & pivot from there. Fortunately we are looking at a tax-reset season, and honestly doing a little competing won't hurt in terms of building back up the bank somewhat.
ImageImageImageImage

drkavarga
PBSL Team: Bobcats

Post by drkavarga » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:05 pm

My defense is trash and it effected the offense. The defense allowed way to many points and the offense was in disarray going by the lower scoring output compared to last season. So I overhauled the defensive strategy for Sim 2, made some line up changes including moving Chavez back to his natural PF position, and hopefully that makes a difference this Sim otherwise it's going to be a very long season.
General Manager of the Charlotte Bobcats

Darth Vegito
PBSL Team: New Orleans Pelicans

Post by Darth Vegito » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:58 pm

QUESTION:

Don't feel great about it. But it was a rough sim against tough opponents. Regroup...this sim should be easy so if I struggle in this sim it may be time to panic honestly.

Return to “Sim Vegas”