Day1 to Day60: The Trade Blog (or the lack therein)

Articles, Scouting Reports, Power Polls, oh my! Media Relations is fueled by GM contributions

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Day1 to Day60: The Trade Blog (or the lack therein)

Post by greepleairport » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:53 pm

Well, I wrote this yesterday. This is current through yesterday afternoon. Things have changed. Been hella busy and just posting now. Sigh.

Howdy PBSL! What a QUIET Day 60 in the finalized trade forum. For all the excitement this offseason I was sure there’d be some big moves, and the ones we had were impactful:

Wizards / Kings

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9788

Xist has executed some masterful trades for his team this year in acquiring Paul Cassel, a youngster ready to win now, and now Norrin Radd from the Kings. This trade worked better for the Kings than the Cassel trade did for the Cavs (still surprised by the value placed on O’Neal by the Cavs, even though LHamilton will be stepping aside shortly as GM). It’s currently looking like that 2038 1st rounder will yield squat for NOLa but who knows about that 2040 1st? A lot can happen in a couple of seasons, but I’m looking at the Wizards for a repeat ‘ship this year. We’ll come back to this, but I’d be surprised if they did not go for it.

Pistons / Rockets

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9790

Pistons went all in last year and racked up the tax bill to prove it. Since then ballsohard has been trying hard to maximize return on his best assets, and I am certain he did not enjoy parting with Elisha Davis, but he got his requested return of a 1st rounder and points. Meanwhile the Rockets dangle in the shadow of the Bulls and Suns in the Kemp Division, but 78# has been slowly and quietly making moves on good players like Davis to boost his potential. While the Pistons reset to become a contender in the next 5 or 6 seasons, potentially, watch for the Rockets to make their run in the next couple of years when Tasmin Mitchell and Deni Avdija start hitting their prime. Perhaps Fred Chatham could defend their front court serviceably as well if his BLK number rises a bit.

Active Trade Blocks...cause there is seriously no other activity

We’ll start with some teams not yet mentioned who have made frequent Trade block updates leading up to Day 60, and even though they got friggin nuthin yet these teams are the most likely to see some movement due to their activity:

Orlando Magic

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4381

There hasn’t been much magic here for false9 unfortunately. The Magic are falling into this mysterious S48 category of “Why aren’t they better?” false9 can’t seem to figure it out either, so might as well put all cards on the table and see what they yield. Time will tell, but there’s got to be GMs out there ready to move on Hunt or Schumann, but are they willing to offer anything of value in return? That would be the only conundrum behind these guys moving out. It would be a shame if, instead, false9’s inbox is filled with offers for Ronnie Reynolds. I mean, don’t sleep on Eldridge Candelaria moving out either, probably for a sweet buyer’s deal, too. There seems to be enough exasperation coming out of Orlando that some GM ballsy enough might score big with an Orlando trade. Sadly, it will not be ballsohard...who I indirectly mentioned I won’t mention but eff that, let’s head to Detroit for a spell.

Detroit Pistons

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9128

For the tax bill the Pistons incurred last year, to not even hit the finals, had to have been devastating. Then to watch Laurence Hurtin’ Curtin drop to O/O and Doncic to B/B? Blechh, no thanks. Doncic should be recognized still as one of the best players out there, a very buyable win now guy (the market is asking!), but losing that P/P status had to hurt what ballsohard could get in return for him. Hopefully someone sees value in his bird rights and continues to alleviate the Pistons tax problem. Someone else would do well to nab Brooks: a 25 yr old B/B shooting guard for $20 mil hitting a team option next year? Dude… hold my beer, may need to edit this post…

Time is now 1146am; article started around 830am (so 1030am/c and now 146pm/c). Looks like the Kings have been doing things and so have my next team topic…

Chicago Bulls

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5445

The Bulls, as usual, have had a multi-pronged approach to getting their needs met thru their trade block. Having no movement the first few hours of Day 60, garbageman provided an update that had broader appeal, looking for y/g, spending points, far off 1st round pick, or send off a high potential rookie. Very appealing! I was sure they’d get some action, just hoped it wasn’t before I finished this article.

Trading with the Kings, they scored one of the best bigs in the league without giving too much up that would impact their team in the next few years. Garbageman’s Bulls never seem to be fully out of contention, at minimum racking up a quality number of wins. Adding Miguel Thomas makes a nasty front court pairing with Cristiano Felicio that should leave most of the league a little tentative driving to the basket.

Los Angeles Clippers

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8092

Seeing the Bulls get a deal done, I’m sure Mamba is not far behind. This guy cuts deals, and then he cuts some more. He bet hard on a squad that just has not come together, but who can blame him? On the block looks like a solid roster: Marcel McAlister, Dominick Cobb, John Stoll, Scott Leonard, Daron Hord and (gasp!) Terry Sterner. How does that not add up to (at minimum) a playoff team?! And yet here Mamba and his current iteration of Clippers sit, 6-13, their worst start in nearly a decade, and not a clue what the hell happened.

Anyone have any ideas? Seriously, how is this a 6-13 team?!

I’m positive Mamba will move one if not three of these guys, based on his very active trading history, but it’s curious as to why the market has not shifted in his favor yet. It certainly appeared to do so in the offseason, so what’s the hold up now?

Trading the day away

We’ll end this article with the Sacramento Kings. I made a “funny” in NOLa’s presser, asking if he thought he was better than me, and he’s won two games since then. I feel awful about it. This seemed to be his year to get back over .500 but he’s won only 2 games all season. The Kings are engaging in the closest thing to an actual fire sale in the league (NOLa’s too savvy to completely throw in the towel, bringing in some new talent along the way). Who can blame him? The next closest outcome would have to be the aforementioned Clippers, and while NOLa likely did not expect clear playoff contention, they were set up to be...close. CloseR. So it was smart to head back to the drawing board and dish his best pieces out that just weren’t making sense on a team with a 2-20 record.

I won’t have an ability to post my article until its relevancy has dwindled, later tonight, so for the record this article wrapped at 126pm (326pm/c). And I wont have internet access until I post later either, so some of these trade block links might be wrong too. Alas.
Somehow I manage.

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Re: Day1 to Day60: The Trade Blog (or the lack therein)

Post by garbageman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:02 pm

greepleairport wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:53 pm
I made a “funny” in NOLa’s presser, asking if he thought he was better than me, and he’s won two games since then. I feel awful about it.
Don't waste time feeling bad for Tani.

He's got two purple potential rookie contract guys in Whitley and Hayes.

He was able to get a blue potential rookie for the 2nd most expensive non-expiring g/g player in the league.

In addition to that, he has 3 other blue potential sophomores:
1. Barrett Kuykendall
2. James Addington
3. Richie Plott

He has Nikolas Lynch.

And he has almost assuredly a blue potential player next draft--and possibly a shot at another one if the Clippers don't get it together.

The Kings will have a championship in the next 5 seasons.
ImageImage

kucoach7
PBSL Team:

Post by kucoach7 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:14 pm

garbageman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:02 pm

He was able to get a blue potential rookie for the 2nd most expensive non-expiring g/g player in the league.
I wish.... :(

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:40 pm

kucoach7 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:14 pm
garbageman wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:02 pm

I wish.... :(
Sorry dude. Revenge of the delayed broken leg hit.
ImageImage

false9
PBSL Team: Parts unknown

Post by false9 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:21 am

+5

Courtesy of the big homie RPF

Return to “In/Off-Season Media”