Zen Mode by Darth Vegito

Articles, Scouting Reports, Power Polls, oh my! Media Relations is fueled by GM contributions

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

Darth Vegito
PBSL Team: New Orleans Pelicans

Zen Mode by Darth Vegito

Post by Darth Vegito » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:13 pm

Before I get started, I'll ask for everyone to take one very deep breath and hold it for a few seconds...3...2...1...aaaaand exhale slowly. Wasn't that nice? Yes, yes it was. I want to thank any and all readers of this article in advance. Without you, this article is meaningless. As I was pondering article ideas for the last few days and stalking the Skype chat(which lately seems like walking into a pit of black mambas), I couldn't help but think about a few things. First off, that this is hands down the most active this league has ever been since its creation. The media activity is fantastic, mostly really good articles that GMs put significant time into. We have a waiting list of previous or hopeful GMs waiting in the wings. All of these things are exciting for this league. This is due to the excellent leadership of Wig, Quail, and the handful of other GMs who help keep this thing running. And if it weren't for the dedicated GMs the league would crumble quickly. They are each an integral part of this league's success.

After thinking about that, I began to think about something else. Something not so positive. I thought about how negative the atmosphere can be at times. How defensive GMs feel they have to constantly be. The regular attacks, both playful and spiteful, and how they affect the league morale. Now if you think I'm going to start pointing fingers here...you'd be correct. But I will only point them in the mirror this time. I try to be always self-critical, self-reflective, and introspective. I admit this is a struggle, but I do try. How can I help the negativity? How do I contribute to the poor morale at times? Am I a cause of the conflicts? These questions I ask myself. I know the answers. So I decided to try an exercise I have known to be...balancing, soul-healing, and sometimes even revitalizing.

Below I will try and say something nice about every team and/or it's GM. No underhanded shots, no sarcasm. This may be difficult but here goes:

Indiana Pacers and Pauly P - Pauly P is one of the original members of this league and I seriously can't recall a negative interaction with him. Responds to PMs timely, always courteous, and always in good spirits. His Pacers have not been able to get over the hump for a long time, but it seems things have finally come together and his team is looking great this season. Hopefully he can finally get to the big one and win it!

Atlanta Hawks and Wignosy - Wig has been the glue that keeps this thing together. His steadfastness have allowed myself, Balls, Quail, and others to take a step back or take breaks entirely. His contributions are never ending, and it couldn't be a more trustworthy guy behind the scenes. Between our countless Skype talks about SIM league, parenting, and various other things, I've come to know that Wig is an upstanding guy and that "Integrity" is his middle name. He's like the Allstate guy...all that "good hands" stuff. His team...well he is the godfather of Sim League so yeah.

New York Knicks and Inner GI - This guy here. We disagree a lot. That may be an understatement. But, at the end of the day he's still a good guy. There are a few things we have in common which is why I think we clash at times. As with many in this league, I think were it more than brief skype interactions about things we disagree about, it would be much more pleasant. And I take the blame for most of this. I will practice more civility with those I disagree with. He also has great taste, being a Star Wars fan and all. His team is young and has a lot of improvement and TCs to get thru, but despite that, he's a current 3rd seed and he seems to be a lock for the playoffs and a legitimate threat for Eastern Conference teams.

Washington Wizards and xist2inspire - How did this guy get the title of "Nicest GM"? CAUSE HE'S SO DAMN NICE!! Seriously though, I doubt any GMs can utter a bad word about this guy. He's been a longtime active GM, and has been contributing from the beginning. He makes all the league's banners and he does a phenomenal job. He's even helped me out with a prior personal project I was working on. He's a generous guy always willing to lend a hand or help talk about a problem. He's starting his graphic design career and I know there will be nothing but success ahead for him. His Melo-led team looks solid and is poised for another playoff run.

Miami Heat and Logpmess - He isn't a Skype regular, so my interactions have been kept to mostly trade negotiations. One of Tray's recruits along with his brother gmessi, he's been going strong since he's joined. An active and contributing GM, and always fun to trade with. I've had some long intense negotiations with logpmess and no matter how they end up it's always respect from this guy. His team this year is looking scary. He has the best point differential in the league yet is sitting at the 5th seed...how!? Unfortunately, his division contains the Hawks and Wiz, so he'll have to fight for this division crown.

Chicago Bulls and garbageman - The Bulls GM is very new as far as myself being back in the league. A recruit of TheJNR, he has been very active, writes articles, and currently runs the weekly sim pick'em. Our few interactions have been great thus far and I look forward to the future ones as well. His team seems to be amidst a retool of sorts, yet still looks like a threat with his high powered offense come play-off time.

Milwaukee Bucks and IamQuailman - I've gotten to know this guy since the beginning of sim league going back to when I joined the PR sim league and is a genuinely good person. A great friend, loyal, and always there when you need. I'm sure all of his friends would agree. A recent new addition to his family made him one of the several newer sim-daddys and there's no doubt he'll be a great father. He's not as nice when it comes to GM negotiations though. He's a hawk on the GM side which is why he's one of the top GMs in the league.

Cleveland Cavaliers and LHamilton - Not all that many interactions with this GM outside of trade negotiations here and there but he's always professional no matter how bad my offer to him is. He's been a GM for going on 8 seasons and he finally gave the Cavs some steady management as the longest tenured Cavs GM. Although his teams have struggled thru the years he keeps plugging away and finds himself fighting for a playoff spot this season.

Toronto Raptors and SoundWave - The online persona of SoundWave is gruff, blunt, and in your face. This is the opposite of offline SoundWave. He's actually a teddy bear. My handful of personal interactions were always fun. He likes to crack jokes and have a good time. He's a lover of animals and is always willing to show you his gun if you walk to his vehicle(no innuendo here). He is one of the originals of sim league and one of the many that keep this thing going strong. The Raptors and Sound go hand in hand. HE THE NORTH.

Detroit Pistons and Xb Hitterx - I have had zero interactions with Xb Hitterx so there is little I can say. He is one of TheJNR's recruits and JNR says he's a nice guy. I'll go with that. He also has Anthony Davis. AD is a great player.

Brooklyn Nets and RealPelicansFan - I've gotten to know RPF over the past few years and can honestly say he's a real good dude. Not one to hide his feelings and always up front. Down to earth and is someone you can have a real conversation with. Also a member of the new sim-daddys club, another great father he will be to his beautiful daughter. Coming from the old sim days of PR league, he's been a Nets 4 lifer and the league is definitely a better place for having him in it.

Philadelphia 76ers and BallSoHard - Balls is another one of the GMs who has been around from the beginning. He was part of the transition team from the old PR league that made this league a reality. Without him this league probably doesn't happen. I also got to know Balls pretty well and can say this is another great guy. He would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. If you ever have a problem, he's there to listen and offer advice. All around great guy, but I'd suggest not getting in a debate with him...he's really good at those you'll most likely lose. He's a 4-time champ in this league and has brought 2 separate franchises to all-time heights.

Boston Celtics and Conroy - Good ol Conroy. Though he's been busy lately, this guy is another stalwart of the PBSL and the Celtics organization. Super active and a huge contributor for a long time. He's a sharp GM who has 2 rings and is always someone to look out for. Some of my favorite negotiations have come from talks with Conroy. Though it seems he's starting a long term rebuild, never count him out to pull a fast one and speed up his teams' rise to the top.

Orlando Magic and false9 - Another newer GM who took over this franchise a year before I left the Sonics. That being the case, I haven't have many talks with this GM. He is amid a rebuild and has some really nice young pieces to build around and arguably the best prospect of this last draft in Ellinger. So I'd say the future is bright for this GM and I wish him the best in future seasons!

And that folks is the entire Eastern Conference. I will finish the Western Conference tomorrow! Be well and remember to look inside yourself, it is there you will find what you're looking for!

LoCo89
PBSL Team: Steward

Re: Zen Mode by Darth Vegito

Post by LoCo89 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:18 pm

LoCo's Reaction to this Post: A Story In Smileys

Reading the topic :O
Reading some of them :D
Realizing I will be judged :|
Ctrl + F "LoCo89" with no results :(
Sent via carrier pigeon named Robbie

IamQuailman
PBSL Team: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by IamQuailman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:37 pm

Aw, thanks man :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ImageImageImageImage

Inner_GI
PBSL Team:

Post by Inner_GI » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Darth, you can collect 5 points toward the 2015-16 media cap.

JNR
PBSL Team: Minnesota Timberwolves

Post by JNR » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:15 pm

I want to hear nice things about me :(

TheSyndicate
PBSL Team:

Post by TheSyndicate » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:42 pm

JNR wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:15 pm
I want to hear nice things about me :(