Charlotte Bobcats 16-17 Pre-Season Presser

Pump up your team to the media with your Pre-Season Press Conference!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

Darth Vegito
PBSL Team: New Orleans Pelicans

Charlotte Bobcats 16-17 Pre-Season Presser

Post by Darth Vegito » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Darth Vegito addresses the crowd from the podium: Ok, ok everyone simmer down. Quiet down. We'll get this thing underway. I would like to thank all of you for being here. We all know what the deal is here in Charlotte. We started from scratch in every way. The league's first expansion team and we knew this would be a long and tedious process. I told you to expect it last year and we expect it here in Charlotte. We are not building a team to simply compete. That's not good enough and the front office knew what they were getting when they brought me in. We are going to do this right and build it to last. But there must be patience. There must be patience.

There MUST be patience. This is something I repeat to myself every night right before I touch myself. I have a history as a GM of lacking patience and there is one thing that I did come to the realization of this off-season. That's that there will be NO shortcuts in the process. Not because I don't want to take them but because they don't exist. When you start with zero assets AND zero points it places you in a special place. We worked hard for points last season. Accumulated 32 and spent 30 just now for TC Insurance. That was a wake up call. The college players are so raw that if we can not speed up their development, then this will indeed be a 4-6 year build from scratch. So we do have a game plan and we will speed this up if we decide that it's smart and logical to do so. But this will be a long process.

Now onto some exciting positive news: our new players from this years draft!!! We landed the 2nd and 8th overall picks in this years draft. With the 2nd pick we selected Lavar Ball! Lavar would you like to say a few words?

Lavar jumps out of his seat hastily as if he's never had a microphone in front of him.

Lavar: Frye yeah I do! I just want to put the rest of the league on notice. Yall <expletive deleted> ain't seen a real basketball player until ya'll have seen Lavar <expletive deleted> Ball. Kevin Love...you ain't shit. Lavar takes his shirt off violently. Kevin Durant...you a punk bitch. All you Kevins out there ain't shit. What ya'll need to do is stay in yo damn lane. In fact, I wish Karl Malone was still in the league cause I would have whooped his bl.....................

Lavar gets pulled down off the podium by Darth.

Darth: Alrighty, Thanks Lavar for that. We look forward to your future media time. Anyways...with our 8th pick we selected Lonzo Ball! I know what you are thinking, are these two related...well not that we know of. Lonzo does for some reason call Lavar "Daddy", which is kinda weird but we just try to ignore it. Lonzo want to give a few words.

Lonzo stands up reluctantly, head down, and steps up to the podium.

Lonzo: Umm thanks for coming. I will try my best to give my all to this organization and team. I am dedicated to improving everyday, and also making my teammates better in the process. Thank you.

Darth: Thanks Lonzo. I will point out that while we didn't play most of our newer guys and 2nd year players this pre-season, Lonzo did elect to play and I must say that I am very excited about this young man's future. In those 6 games he averaged 20 points and 6 assists, so it's definitely a great start to his career. Thank you all for coming and if you have any questions for myself or either Lonzo or Lavar, feel free to ask.

78#
PBSL Team:

Re: Charlotte Bobcats 16-17 Pre-Season Presser

Post by 78# » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Is there a chance the team name could be changed to Ballcats?

Also how surprised were you at Lonzo Ball's preseason and out of the three between Lonzo, Lavar, and McNairy, which prospect do you feel will be the potential MVP of the team?
Image Image

NickMalone77

Post by NickMalone77 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Nick Melon; The Advocate: After winning a championship, what do you think led Ron Artest to sign with the worst team in the league last year? Another money grab?

JNR
PBSL Team: Minnesota Timberwolves

Post by JNR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:16 am

GWR: What's your plan with Dieng?

Darth Vegito

Post by Darth Vegito » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:47 am

78# wrote:Is there a chance the team name could be changed to Ballcats?

Also how surprised were you at Lonzo Ball's preseason and out of the three between Lonzo, Lavar, and McNairy, which prospect do you feel will be the potential MVP of the team?
Lonzo kinda shocked us. We were actually approached by multiple GMs this off-season who were very interested in Lonzo. But we decided to see what he had to offer before we fielded a single offer. It was deff a good decision for this franchise. Those decisions can go either way sometimes. He's a yellow/green guy and you never know what you're going to get. But in this new draft age, we've seen that gems come in yellow and green too.

We have yet to see Lavar hit the court so we are excited to see his development, but I think of the three, Damion is definitely going to be special. He has a year on the other guys and he has been training hard. This will be a fun season seeing these young guys go.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Darth Vegito

Post by Darth Vegito » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:51 am

NickMalone77 wrote:Nick Melon; The Advocate: After winning a championship, what do you think led Ron Artest to sign with the worst team in the league last year? Another money grab?
Actually, we had a long talk with Ron before we signed him. To keep it simple and not drag his previous team and GM through the mud, he didn't feel like he was wanted. He was obviously THE X FACTOR in the Pelicans championship run, yet the team showed him no respect or gratitude. He wanted to stay in New Orleans, but he wanted to feel like the team at least appreciates him. He felt like that here, he does realize he may not be here the entire year and he is fine with that. We were honest with him and we will do our best to send him to a contender come Day 60.

Darth Vegito

Post by Darth Vegito » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:53 am

JNR wrote:GWR: What's your plan with Dieng?
Dieng is on the block. I've shopped him a bit, but the asking price is pretty Damn low for a guy who will pull down the rebounds he will. He's a starter caliber Center in a handful of teams and can be the main backup 4-5 for a contender. We are NOT giving him away. But he does come cheap, though we are fine with losing him in the off-season.

Soundwave
PBSL Team: Toronto Raptors

Post by Soundwave » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am

In a recent interview, Lavar Ball declared that he is better than Penny Hardaway ever was. Comments?
I still got all my fingers but somewhere I lost my mind.

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Sham Smith, Bulls.com: As evidenced by his wild, shirtless behavior, Lavar Ball could prove to be a distraction. In expansion mode, this could generate more interest in the team from Bobcats fans, but do you see that hurting you down the road?
ImageImage

Darth Vegito

Post by Darth Vegito » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Soundwave wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:27 am
In a recent interview, Lavar Ball declared that he is better than Penny Hardaway ever was. Comments?
Lavar can be a bit eccentric at times. Sometimes things just fall out of his mouth. If he can focus on being half the player Penny was he'll be a damn good player.

Darth Vegito

Post by Darth Vegito » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:22 pm

garbageman wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:08 pm
Sham Smith, Bulls.com: As evidenced by his wild, shirtless behavior, Lavar Ball could prove to be a distraction. In expansion mode, this could generate more interest in the team from Bobcats fans, but do you see that hurting you down the road?
We will definitely be keeping an eye on it. First and foremost we expect him to bust his ass and get better. That's his priority. We still want him to be himself but as long as it doesn't interfere with the team chemistry or his own progress.

Return to “Pre-Season Press Conferences”