Suns S71 - Steam Powered

Pump up your team to the media with your Pre-Season Press Conference!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Suns S71 - Steam Powered

Post by Black Superman » Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:28 pm

Twas the weekend before the season, and all through the forum. Not a GM was posting, not even a....Oh we're live?

Well hello ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for joining me in the HOT box for another season. As you all know, I am desert the general manager and coach of the suns. You know it's truly shocking they let me stick around here. Welp, if I'm going to be here then we might as well chat. What do you all want to talk about? How last season finished? Our moves this offseason? Lineups? Projections? Or my favorite TV show right now? Well it's your lucky day. I'm in a talkative mood so we can talk all 3.

How do I do this without crying....well people. We lost, in game 7 to the champs in the Alpha Conference Finals. We had a 3-2 lead coming back to play in front of you beautiful reporters and our beautiful fans. We didn't get it done. Nothing more than a good ole fashioned choke job. How do we pick up the pieces from there? By making sure we keep the core in tact. 4 of 5 starters are returning this season and unlike last season, they will enter camp together and start the season together. Continuity, cohesion, and chemistry. In years past, we have built a team and then blown it up early. This is the first time in my history as GM of your Phoenix Suns, that I will be going full steam ahead on a team from the previous season.

Not only are we full steam ahead, we have gotten even better. We made a trade for Brandon Ingram, and Mel Samples. These two guys are veterans who will add to our talent pool. The rotations are a work in progress. The guys performed very well in camp and we think it's smart to begin the season with the best lineup from camp. Preaseason may change that, and we're actually excited to get some of the new guys some minutes during preseason.

Wemby
Xue
Lewis
Scoot
Truman
W/Ingram and Mel as the first guys off the bench.

We think that core of 7 guys is as good as any. We will experiment with scoot at the 1 and potentially start Mel at the 4. We will also test scoot at the 1 and insert Ingram into the starting lineup. The goal is achieve the best balance we can with our guys. We want to stay healthy as possible and be ready for the post season push.

That post season push is going to be tough, we saw the pacers and Lakers make huge acquisitions in the off-season. The Lakers used their assets to bring in a big 3. While the pacers made 2 trades to bring in former finals MVP safi, and Amos. Oh and the pistons managed to somehow bring in Kel'el Ware to boost the already best team in the league.

But we ain't afraid of no challenge. So Lakers, Raptors, Warriors, Pistons, Pacers, Wizards. I said what I said! Full Steam Ahead. CHOO CHOO

Now ask y'all questions,
This is your captain speaking

Mike Lowry
PBSL Team: Miami Heat

Re: Suns S71 - Steam Powered

Post by Mike Lowry » Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:41 pm

I am absolutely sure that you're not satisfied.
What kind of fringe pieces do you have to package together for a depth player?
Who do you have your eye on that could possibly round out your roster?
What cha gonna do

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:04 pm

Mike Lowry wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:41 pm
I am absolutely sure that you're not satisfied.
What kind of fringe pieces do you have to package together for a depth player?
Who do you have your eye on that could possibly round out your roster?
I actually am excited for the roster. Hopefully we have a great start to the season as that confidence is something I need. As for the obvious weakness. Point guard is a position I feel we could be better at. No one on our radar just yet. We're gonna let the season start and see what happens. But as you know, I'm always willing to trade 😜

RPF
PBSL Team: Brooklyn Nets

Post by RPF » Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:18 pm

The Net of Brooklyn:

I'll ask in the form of a limerick

You’ve made some great moves, that’s for sure,
But tell us, what show you adore?
Is it drama or fun,
That you watch when the day is done?
Do share what keeps you wanting more!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:09 pm

RPF wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:18 pm
The Net of Brooklyn:

I'll ask in the form of a limerick

You’ve made some great moves, that’s for sure,
But tell us, what show you adore?
Is it drama or fun,
That you watch when the day is done?
Do share what keeps you wanting more!

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
I just wanna win win win no matter what
My competitive spirit is the fuel that wakes me up
And every time I press the sim button
My losses make me want to throw UP.

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:08 am

Can you talk about your strategy using MLE to target Todd Correa and Michael Truman? What did you like about their games to give them more than standard vet min for a g/g?

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:04 am

Sham Smith, Bulls.com: After taking the Pistons to 7 games in the Conference Finals last season, what do you think you were missing that would have put you over the top, and how did you address that need in the offseason?
ImageImage

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:29 am

K-100 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2024 8:08 am
Can you talk about your strategy using MLE to target Todd Correa and Michael Truman? What did you like about their games to give them more than standard vet min for a g/g?
The strategy was in the returning teams. I knew the spurs could only offer the min for Todd. I figured most folks would only offer the min. Todd has 100 inside and 92 block. He was the perfect Kalin Lucas replacement who I got great value of as a g/g last season.

Similar strategy with Truman. I knew the pistons were not gonna offer much for him. I needed a ball handler to replace Ridenhour as I always knew I would be dumping him.

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:36 am

garbageman wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:04 am
Sham Smith, Bulls.com: After taking the Pistons to 7 games in the Conference Finals last season, what do you think you were missing that would have put you over the top, and how did you address that need in the offseason?
The thing I was missing was an equal level of talent. I have a high group of talented players but the pistons simply have more. I was able to go out and get more talent and the pistons gained even more talent but lost depth. It'll be interesting to see if my extra big and extra wing can level the odds.

If we get into the X and O's. I still think someone like Jose Alvarado, a true point guard would serve me better against the pistons. They always have the ability to put pee wee on any point guard and theres not many guys in the league that can overcome that.

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Post by greepleairport » Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:09 am

Three, nearly four, players scored over 20ppg in preseason. Do you expect this kind of productivity throughout the season from these players? Do you have 2 or 3 all stars on your squad?
Somehow I manage.

Jedihero
PBSL Team: Nuggets

Post by Jedihero » Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:18 am

Just really quick question here:

Why are you so angry?

jlmarines
PBSL Team: Cavs Believeland

Post by jlmarines » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:06 am

Justin Bieber, Teremana.com: Congrats on your successful season, you came very close with a huge upset. I think the nation was rooting for you. There is no question you will be making a deep run in the playoffs. But you do have tough competition. Social media outlets from Boston and Memphis are very concern of few teams in the Buddy Pedraza Division. Is there a team in the Buddy Pedraza Division that you are concern?

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:23 am

greepleairport wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:09 am
Three, nearly four, players scored over 20ppg in preseason. Do you expect this kind of productivity throughout the season from these players? Do you have 2 or 3 all stars on your squad?
I don't expect it during the season. I think we may have 3 guys score 20. And then 1 guy(Ingram) will likely be in that 17-18 range. Ideally we'll have a couple all stars. It's tough because my conference and actually division, is loaded with guard/wings. There's definitely going to be some snubs

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:24 am

Jedihero wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:18 am

Why are you so angry?
In my 34 years on earth. I've never been called angry, usually it's happy, teddy bear. I also get a lot of compliments on my smile and always good mood demeanor. Maybe just maybe you don't know me at all, and you should leave it at that. 😘

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:25 am

jlmarines wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 11:06 am
Justin Bieber, Teremana.com: Congrats on your successful season, you came very close with a huge upset. I think the nation was rooting for you. There is no question you will be making a deep run in the playoffs. But you do have tough competition. Social media outlets from Boston and Memphis are very concern of few teams in the Buddy Pedraza Division. Is there a team in the Buddy Pedraza Division that you are concern?
No, not a single 1. #NextQuestion

AngryBanana
PBSL Team: Boston Celtics

Post by AngryBanana » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:00 pm

Jedihero wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:18 am

Why are you so angry?
Someone call for me?

AngryBanana
PBSL Team: Boston Celtics

Post by AngryBanana » Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:01 pm

Chet Youbetcha, Dimmadome News: How soon will the hot box become scorching if you run into problems with this build?

Black Superman

Post by Black Superman » Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:58 am

AngryBanana wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:01 pm
Chet Youbetcha, Dimmadome News: How soon will the hot box become scorching if you run into problems with this build?
Haha oh man, that's a great question.... Because I don't think I'll run into problems with the build. But the tax hot box is already scorching. Stay tuned.

Return to “Pre-Season Press Conferences”