S71 Town Hall #12: Compliment Sandwich

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

MexicanMamba
PBSL Team: Clippers

S71 Town Hall #12: Compliment Sandwich

Post by MexicanMamba » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:43 am

Using the compliment sandwich format, discuss S71 of sim league, doesnt matter if its for your own team, the league as a whole, or some combination of both.

Compliment - Criticism - Compliment

Rules: 1 point if you give thoughtful answers, which I will award after the timer ends for responses. The timer ends for responses at the moment the corresponding week's Sim is run.

Note: Use approximately 5 sentences as your bare minimum for 1 point. If you write 3 long, complex sentences, you'll still get a point. If you write 5 3 word sentences, you will not get a point. Don't @ me.

Due: Sim 12 deadline.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Mike Lowry
PBSL Team: Miami Heat

Re: S71 Town Hall #12: Compliment Sandwich

Post by Mike Lowry » Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:20 pm

I really LOVE the race for 2nd!
The fact that the Raps and Wiz doubled down and invested in competing is great to see.
I saw some dominant Lakers teams fall over at the finish line, so I still believe that a 3 peat won't happen.

I don't have a great tolerance for whining when others have success.

I like my front-court.
I know a few teams think they will dominate the future in the paint, but South Florida is active on the boards.
What cha gonna do

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:41 am

Compliment: Shoutout to the Pistons on an incredible season. The job is not done, but you know that. One win away from setting the all-time single-season record. Now get the job done.

Complaint: The Magic tanked all the way to the #1 pick but do not own their pick. That hurts.

Compliment: Desmond Bane took a big leap this season and is ready to help lead my team to better days. Really looking forward to the future.

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Post by Black Superman » Fri Sep 06, 2024 7:55 am

My compliments are to the heat, Mavs, wizards, raptors, and pacers for making a push to try and dethrone the champs. It's a crazy mindset to be in when agreeing to a trade. No one has a chance at upsetting them, but we all know what it's like to build a really good team. Unfortunately that really good team doesn't matter this season. I do think this would be an amazing fun season if the pistons were not historically great. There are so many good teams that would make for a great tournament.

My criticism isn't towards any one person. I do think the energy is down in the league. Everyone seems to be waiting for the season to end because we all know the end result. I'm fingers crossed hoping, the pistons didn't turn anyone off going forward, because it's been awesome having 2 straight years of 26 human GMs. Even if some are on autopilot. This idea that Doug is some honorable person is not something I'm buying. There are people that think he's going to do the right thing and not repeat the pistons of old and drive up a tax bill just to quit. Honestly, I don't see it. Greed is a terrible thing. And success can alter our mindsets. No one is going to stop being friends with Doug in real life if he pulls a pistons repeat, so really what is stopping him from doing so? There's no punishment, for this. Therefore I expect what everyone else doesn't, and that's for him to keep the tax jail going into the destruction of the league. All while villain smiling. I mean, he and wig are friends. Maybe they have an agreement for Doug to end this once and for all so that Wig can toss this old azz computer away.

Lastly, I am grateful and thankful that everyone stuck around this season. Participation in depth charts, and media events seems to be at a recent all time low. But no one has quit yet, so we'll take that as a win. Wolves and hawks seem to be invested in changing up their lineups here late in the season to identify what works and what doesn't. The Hawks even did some player training at trade deadline. It's a lovely thing when people start to take the next step in learning the nuances of the game. I can appreciate it, because I was just there a year ago. Seemingly hitting a breakthrough where I understood what it takes to build at minimum, a good playoff level roster. Huge hugs to those guys taking the next step.
This is your captain speaking

AngryBanana
PBSL Team: Boston Celtics

Post by AngryBanana » Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:52 am

Compliment: The Pelicans really are building a solid team this year. They are sticking to their core, and while they may not be happy with the results this year, they played great. If Pizzaro did not get hurt, they were a playoff team.

Complaint: Injuries... every sim caused an injury...

Compliment: The Grizzlies are also building a great team. Another one that is sticking to their core and are also going to be a great long term team no one is going to want to play.

pennpanther1
PBSL Team: Toronto Raptors

Post by pennpanther1 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:57 am

The Raptors said they were going to win the division in their preseason press conference and delivered on that promise. Great job.

It is time for another conference realignment. I think we have squeezed the juice out of this one and really want to play some Alpha teams more often.

Great job to the Boston Celtics at fighting off the injury bugs and storming back for the #8 seed with one sim to go. You could have quit after losing so many guys but you found a way to stay competitive. I hope we face off against each other in the playoffs.

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Fri Sep 06, 2024 9:47 am

I like the complexity of the game. You've got to make decisions for both short and long term, there's a social aspect to it, there's character building, and there's a nice amount of randomness so nothing's ever for certain (well, almost ever), but nothing's too out of left field either. It's got a little bit of everything, and that gives the game a lot of longevity.

I could probably make a eating competition sized sandwich that would put a lot of pressure on a couple measly slices of bread, but I'll just say that I don't like some of the inevitabilities of how varying levels of participation affect the trade market. This is stuff like being left on read, feeder teams, friendship trades, and lopsided trades against newbies. Win-win trades are, in my opinion, best for the league as a whole.

I like UFA.
ImageImage

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Post by greepleairport » Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:20 pm

I’m proud of the season Mike Lowry put together. Even though he ultimately bailed, he’s still hot on my heels for second place. Imagine if he kept the band together…???

My team shat the bed late in the season and it doesn’t make any sense. Cohesion is a mfer in this game and I guess mine recovered a bit but man did that trade really chew me up more than I anticipated.

The Dallas mavericks are about to be a huge problem, and despite some moves on getting there being questionable, he’s getting there. I think a conference finals matchup between the Mavs and Raps will be pretty fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somehow I manage.

BigDaddyd8720
PBSL Team: Pelicans

Post by BigDaddyd8720 » Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:04 pm

The compliment: a top ten offense that has proven again to be able to score at will. This team has generated many opportunities and they take advantage of second chances.

The criticism: this defense is atrocious. Bottom of the league and it really hurts that we can’t stop anybody from scoring. There have been plenty of games that we should have won but our defense lets us down.

The compliment: we’re still a young team and have shown flashes of being able to compete in this league. Hopefully we’re closer to competing than we believe we are. We’ll see how the off-season goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MexicanMamba
PBSL Team: Clippers

Post by MexicanMamba » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:29 pm

+1
Big Daddy
Greeple
Garbageman
Penn
AB
Black Superman