S71 Town Hall #11: Running on Fumes

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

MexicanMamba
PBSL Team: Clippers

S71 Town Hall #11: Running on Fumes

Post by MexicanMamba » Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:29 pm

1 purple potential, 2 blue potentials, 1 green potential, 1 yellow potential.

Create a starting 5 with these parameters and let us know why you think it'd be a lineup that really works.

Rules: 1 point if you give thoughtful answers, which I will award after the timer ends for responses. The timer ends for responses at the moment the corresponding week's Sim is run.

Note: Use approximately 5 sentences as your bare minimum for 1 point. If you write 3 long, complex sentences, you'll still get a point. If you write 5 3 word sentences, you will not get a point. Don't @ me.

Due: Sim 11 deadline.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Re: S71 Town Hall #11: Running on Fumes

Post by Black Superman » Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:14 am

C.Dan Spooner
PF. Ross Finch
SF. Sion James
SG. Chance Parent
PG. Markus Ridenhour

This starting lineup would win 55-60 games if healthy. It has a superstar in Sion who would be set to flex 1-4. He would love to play with this level of talent again. Dan Spooner and Ross Finch would give me the best big man play in the league together. Finch has always been ultra efficient scoring the ball. He's also lead the league in rebounds and he's usually in the top 5 in blocks. Dan is also a rebounder, blocker, and an efficient big. Ridenhour would not need to shoot at all. He can set up the offense and get the ball to twin towers or play through Sion. Chance is here for athleticism and to score. I see sion throwing him lobs on some pick and roll action. This team has enough defense to make it very hard on teams to score inside. Ridenhour and Sion provide plenty defense on the perimeter. Prob not the best team I could make, but it has some guys I drool about from afar
This is your captain speaking

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:45 am

C: Kel'el Ware (b/b)
PF: Paolo Banchero (y/y)
SF: Safi Fino-A-Laself (g/g)
SG: Sion James (p/p)
PG: Mac McClung (b/b)

I'm using listed positions here, but a big key to this lineup is that I've got b/b bookends in McClung and Ware and three players who can be flexible. Mac does everything you want a PG to do (and then some), and he does it well. Ware is showing what he can do on a team with 4 other scorers. He's still putting up a respectable amount of points, and his rebounds and block numbers are where I want them to be.

Sion James is a beast who does everything, and I think with a distributor like McClung, that ups his game even more. Mac, Sion, and Safi can also move the ball, so a high motion, outside focused team with solid three point shooters could stifle defenses. Safi is still having a tremendously productive year as a g/g, and he can still do a lot of different things for you on the floor. In a pinch, he can slide over to PF depending on matchups.

Once you get to y/y territory, it ultimately starts to matter less, and I don't know too many usable y/y guys on other teams. I went with Banchero because he still has some offensive firepower, has chemistry with Safi, and won player of the game when the Nets beat me with a high scoring bench performance.
ImageImage

PaulyP
PBSL Team: Indiana Pacers

Post by PaulyP » Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:47 am

C: Nick Claxton (B)
PF: Phil Smith (Y)
SF: Safi Fino-A-Laself (G)
SG: Pee Wee Kirkland (P)
PG: Mac McClung (B)

My team is def on the older side but I think its a strong well rounded five. Claxton and Safi can hold down the back end with blocks if anyone manages to break down the excellent perimeter D of Kirkland and Mac. Smith can help in multiple areas with steals and on the boards. Offensively the guards can do it all and dish it off to Claxton inside or Safi from the 3-point line. If Claxton stays out of foul trouble I think its a winning group but there would still be enough offense to stay afloat if he's off the floor
Pacers Ring of Honor
P.Ewing (90-93, 98) - R.Pierce (90-91) - S.Augmon (91-96) - D.Brown (93-96) - D.Strong (91-97, 99-02) - P.Pierce (98-05, 12-13) - D.Williams (05-17) - I.Shumpert (11-16) - D.Dedmon (13-18) - J.Williams (19-25, 31-32)

pennpanther1
PBSL Team: Toronto Raptors

Post by pennpanther1 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:20 pm

C - William Lindsey (Y)
PF - Andrew Patrick (G)
SF - Angel Reese (P)
SG - Kamari Brown (B)
PG - Mac McClung (B)

I will count on Reese and Brown to handle the scoring burden with McClung as the best facilitator in the game. I think Lindsey and Patrick will provide enough frontcourt presence with defense and rebounding to give the team some beef down low. Overall, I want to score and play defense and I think this team can handle other squads particularly with the backcourt dominance.

BigDaddyd8720
PBSL Team: Pelicans

Post by BigDaddyd8720 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:49 pm

C Andrew Patrick (G)
PF William Lindsey (Y)
SF Dominitrix Johnson (P)
SG Tony Lee (B)
PG Mac McClung (B)

I like this team to win a lot for multiple reasons. Lindsey and Patrick can be very solid defensively down low while also creating second chances with their rebound ability. Johnson and Lee both can score at will and reach that 30pt mark many, many times throughout the season. McClung might be the best PG in the game and having that kind of player running point is a tremendous advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Post by greepleairport » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:07 pm

Starting 5

2 b/b, 1 p/p, 1 g/g, 1 y/y

C: Kelel Ware (b/b)
PF: Bryon Nelson (g/g)
SF: Mikal Bridges (y/y)
SG: Sion James (p/p)
PG: Amen Thompson (b/b)

I think I could pick a better y/y if I had time to look a bit deeper, but honestly you only need a y/y to do one thing, and mine plays perimeter defense.

Amen Thompson is probably my fave PG in today’s PBSL. I heart him so much. He is so dope, and I would totes have his babies.

Hiring Kelel Ware for all the anti 28 yr old plus GMs in PBSL, because this mfer is still better than Charley Quick.

…Oh you don’t think so? You think Quick would put up those kinds of numbers on the Pistons? Nah, he wouldn’t. He couldn’t. Gimme the older, un-purpled Kelel.

Sion is bae.

Bryon is MY bae on loan to Xist who also has my other bae Faebian Hub(ae).
Somehow I manage.

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:32 pm

C: Charley Quick
PF: Jonathan Kuminga
SF: Jeff Van Gundy
SG: AJ Blaze
PG: Jordan Poole

I like featuring two dominant bigs in the frontcourt who can rebound/score with ease. Pairing them with more scoring in the backcourt will lead to some fun high-scoring matchups. I think Poole is a great PG still who can still contribute on both ends of the court.

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:13 pm

C: Jody Kinsella
PF: Safi Fino-A-Laself
SF: Sion James
SG: Leroy Johnston
PG: Herman Cambell

First, there's no way I wouldn't take Safi and let him continue to stretch-4 teams into oblivion by hitting the 3 and blocking shots. I'm taking Kinsella for no other reason than he's on my squad and can also hit the 3 and block shots. Sion is still probably the best player in the game and offers great position flexibility. Leroy is old, slow, a former Laker and can still play a tiny bit of defense still. Campbell leads the league in assists currently and I only choose him over McClung because I assume most others will put Mac's name down.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:45 am

+1
Black Superman
Mamba
K100
Greeple
Big Daddy
Penn