S71 Town Hall #10: Mission Impossible

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

MexicanMamba
PBSL Team: Clippers

Post by MexicanMamba » Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:52 pm

Time for the most difficult town hall in the history of town halls, and the one that is guaranteed to test the resolve of our GMs and their dedication to earning this 1 point.

Come and say something nice about Doug. Or something(s), to build up enough writing to get the point. Or enough to make me chuckle since I gotta read all of these.

Rules: 1 point if you give thoughtful answers, which I will award after the timer ends for responses. The timer ends for responses at the moment the corresponding week's Sim is run.

Note: Use approximately 5 sentences as your bare minimum for 1 point. If you write 3 long, complex sentences, you'll still get a point. If you write 5 3 word sentences, you will not get a point. Don't @ me.

Due: Sim 9 deadline.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Re: S71 Town Hall #10: Mission Impossible

Post by greepleairport » Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:11 pm

Doug is someone with whom I would perform coitus. Not only does his slightly crooked smile drive me sexually wild, I think his butt (probably) doesn't quit.

Jokes aside, while I do not necessarily enjoy the competitive-at-any-and-all-costs nature of Doug's sim league play, I don't hold it against him, either. Ethically or not, he's one of the best GMs to ever play this game, and he's finally amassing enough rings to prove it. Perhaps dismantling a 4peat team gave him the assets to rebuild a soon to be 3-peat and probably more, but not everyone could have pulled this off. Maybe 5 or 7 other GMs, but not all. So kudos for that.

Besides his gamesmanship and simming-style, he's a pretty decent and solid guy. I'd like to think that most of the people giving him shit have actually spent time outside of league messaging with him, meme'ing with him, gaming with him, etc., and also know this to be true. And if ever there were a time Doug were in town, I wouldn't hesitate to invite him over for dinner, and into my bed for a very shameful, secret quickie.
Somehow I manage.

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:04 pm

Hell no
ImageImage

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:58 pm

garbageman wrote:Hell no
+2

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

LazyTitanSmash
PBSL Team: Mavericks

Post by LazyTitanSmash » Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:59 pm

Unlike Jon I do enjoy Doug's competitive-at-any-and-all-costs nature. It's become a right of passage to give up one of your top 5 picks for a win now player from Doug.

I also appreciate him winning two titles will all of his top 5 being under 30. Showing the league that 28 is prime and 30 is on their way out. New GM's remember what Doug did, when someone tries to send you a 32 year old win now player for your top 5 picks. (Hell it will probably be Doug with Hoyt Timmerman!)

I also like that even though I've been an ass to him; he's actually been pretty chill with me. Maybe one day he'll even trade me Austin Jeske.

I also like that he chill with my "mentor." They seem to have a good IRL relationship. But it hard to not have a good relationship with @greepleairport

I've been saying it for years, he's is the boss fight at he end of any good video game. And damn is he a difficult boss to beat, please Alpha send someone else to the finals! No one is Omega has a chance against him.

Mike Lowry
PBSL Team: Miami Heat

Post by Mike Lowry » Mon Sep 02, 2024 12:17 am

Out the gate I Love him as a heel!
It takes way more passion and energy to embrace the role of uber villain.
Ever since I got in it has been rumored that he is sponsored by Nickelodeon.
The King of Slime.
I seen him compete a few seasons with the Bucks and I honestly think he was slimier then.
I also appreciate that his whole life is invested in the league.
There are a very few who I have seen offer as much access to their real lives and updates as him.
It's refreshing to witness his connection to the game and I've said it before, this is my first glimpse of him winning it all.
It's not obnoxious for me yet.
Back to back really ain't that impressive. A 3-peat says more, and he may be able to chase 4, but I already saw a 4 ship dynasty.
And if you don't like it, you CAN do something about it.
I appreciate the moves that lifted me in that direction.
I'm the guy who just sent reinforcements to the competition.
If you want to get in here and say us against him, what the Frye are you doing to help us?
What cha gonna do

Jedihero
PBSL Team: Nuggets

Post by Jedihero » Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:15 am

This one’s easy! Doug is my buddy. Gotta look up to the way he is playing the game, getting all the purples and going for the threepeat. Not letting people ruin his fun even though they may be a little upset about what he’s doing. He’s also very active in the chat and always looking for a laugh. Hoping to meet up with him in person one of these days and grab a drink.

Thanks Doug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryBanana
PBSL Team: Boston Celtics

Post by AngryBanana » Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:31 am

Doug is (not) the biggest jerk in all of PBSL. He does (not) always act like he is the best GM to walk the earth, and it’s because he is so (un)amusing with his approach to talking to people. We do(n’t) always have easy trade talks, because Doug is (un)fair in his trade values and (never) seems to look out for the other GMs he is trading with. He (un)deservingly should get all the praise he has received in this thread.

P.S: Doug is one of my favorite GMs to bullshit on Skype/fb chat with. We have the same general sense of humor, which I think has gotten us both in trouble with going too far when messing with people in chat. We also cut it up about Anime, which is always a fun chat.

P.P.S: Frye you doug

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:34 am

I saw Doug at a grocery store in New Orleans yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first, he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Epilogue
Doug is a good dude. Every offseason, without fail, he sends me a homoerotic DM with a blockbuster trade idea that is both titillating to read and interesting to consider but I refuse his advances every time. I won't lie, when I first joined the league I never understood what the big deal was with Doug. He had this aura around him of being a "great GM" but never won anything. I thought he was just one of those OG uncs that was only good at this game back in the day when nobody knew what they were doing but could not keep up with the young guns now. The past few seasons have shown that Doug is one of best GMs this game has ever seen and I was just a hater. Sim league without Doug would be boring. Never leave baby.

BigDaddyd8720
PBSL Team: Pelicans

Post by BigDaddyd8720 » Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:51 am

I applaud Doug for how he took over this league. He made the moves he needed to make and now he’s the best GM in the league. Anybody that gets upset about him or his team is just truly jealous of him and they secretly want to be Doug (or at least inside of him), I know I do. As a new GM, it’s a lot of fun watching how dominant his team is. This is a silly little game we play and he made sure he was the main character.

Aside from his dominance in the league, I’ve had nothing but pleasant encounters with Doug through Facebook messenger. One day I feel like we’ll be able to make a trade but even though we haven’t yet, he still is always open to talk as well as help me see things from a different perspective. If we ever cross paths in real life, I’ll be sure to offer him an over the pants handy for all his success in the league.

Keep doing Doug things, Doug!

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Post by Black Superman » Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:13 pm

This isn't that hard for me. Doug and I have chatted a decent deal outside of sim league. And we actually chat more about it than sim league. He's a cool guy and hard worker. We bonded a great deal during his return Japan trip this summer. We got to talk about each other's careers. Doug talked to me about his personal life a little and I even got to talk to drunk Doug. He's not as tough as he portrays to be. He's a bit of a softie which isn't a bad thing. I imagine this villain ark is probably something that eats away at a him a little bit if he thinks about it too much. We've not talked as much since he got back from Japan which also coincides with this current season's run. So it makes a good bit of sense.
This is your captain speaking

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:44 am

+1
Black Superman
Big Daddy
K100
AB
Jedi
Lowry