S71 Town Hall #8: DEAD-Lines

Playoff Brackets, Pre-Season Over/Unders, In-Season Pick 'Ems will be posted here!

Moderators: Soundwave, ballsohard, WigNosy, IamQuailman, NOLa., Darth Vegito

MexicanMamba
PBSL Team: Clippers

S71 Town Hall #8: DEAD-Lines

Post by MexicanMamba » Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:34 pm

Name a trade that you think WILL happen at Wednesday's trade deadline and explain how it'll help the teams involved. OR, if you think it'll be a lifeless deadline, list a trade that you think SHOULD happen and explain how it would help the teams involved.

Rules: 1 point if you give thoughtful answers, which I will award after the timer ends for responses. The timer ends for responses at the moment the corresponding week's Sim is run.

Note: Use approximately 5 sentences as your bare minimum for 1 point. If you write 3 long, complex sentences, you'll still get a point. If you write 5 3 word sentences, you will not get a point. Don't @ me.

Due: Sim 8 deadline.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

greepleairport
PBSL Team: Golden State Warriors

Re: S71 Town Hall #8: DEAD-Lines

Post by greepleairport » Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:34 pm

How suggestive! I have no idea what deals may or may not go down, but I have several teams in mind that I would not be surprised to see on the finalized trade forum tomorrow:

Warriors
Heat
Mavericks
Raptors
Suns
Bulls
Pistons
Lakers
Magic
Wizards

The Mavericks still have A'ja Wilson, aren't really using her yet, and have pushed almost all their chips in this season. Very moveable piece, very doable deal somewhere with her, Bird, and a bunch of 4 year big bums. Similarly, Heat have pushed their chips in, but they remain a bit imbalanced with Wemby not getting much use. Suns could still sell, Bulls and Lakers still update their trade blocks with regularity... The top of Omega is getting cluttered between the top 4, so the Raptors or Warriors could make a move to step all the way in (or out, even). The Pistons might trade for an injured Quick(ie). Magic will trade just to trade, and I doubt the Wiz will trade based on their current level of engagement and overall success thus far, but if they got something done? I won't be surprised.
Somehow I manage.

garbageman
PBSL Team: Chicago Bulls

Post by garbageman » Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:11 pm

The Pelicans should be buying right now. They don't have many points, and they don't have their pick next year, so there's little reason to get any worth and some compelling reasons to get better.

For starters, they have at least one player that will need paid insurance to be protected next season because you don't want to leave Tony Lee, Dick Bender, Longar Longar, or Homer Pizarro uninsured. Amanda Maurin and Amillion Buggs are also insurable, and while Buggs may be someone he won't spend 15 points on, if he lets TC kill his wife, he'll be sleeping on the couch.

He could get temporary help to try and secure a playoff spot by going for a decent enough blue blue rent-a-roleplayer in the 25-50mm range for someone like Buggs or could really push in some chips and speed up his build by trading Homer Pizarro for a ready-now cornerstone piece who can lead the team while Longar grows up and is ready to take over. There will, of course, be overlap between Longar/Pizarro's primes and Blaq/Ramos/Lee's primes, but that'll take a few seasons to get to that point, and it's hard to predict financial situations that far off.
ImageImage

PaulyP
PBSL Team: Indiana Pacers

Post by PaulyP » Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:03 pm

Feel like this deadline will be super dead aside from cap dumps because 90% of the GMs appear to want to sell

Im looking at the Wizards right now because they've had an excellent season thus far and have some good tradeable salary. Castaneda and Colton Johnson sum up to over $50 million and they would only need another $10 million to match the salary for Bobcats' Brandon Ingram. BI is 33 now but is still a great athlete and is shooting lights out from the 3pt line and kinda fits the versatility theme the Wizards got going on with Hub and Gates. Add BI to that rotation and you can have even more different combinations and that additional scoring punch for a deep playoff run
Pacers Ring of Honor
P.Ewing (90-93, 98) - R.Pierce (90-91) - S.Augmon (91-96) - D.Brown (93-96) - D.Strong (91-97, 99-02) - P.Pierce (98-05, 12-13) - D.Williams (05-17) - I.Shumpert (11-16) - D.Dedmon (13-18) - J.Williams (19-25, 31-32)

Black Superman
PBSL Team: Suns

Post by Black Superman » Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:41 pm

I think the trade that will happen is Brandon Ingram to the Raptors. The raps aren't getting much from akins who can make the money work. It does set them deeper into the tax unless they pair some players with it. The price for Ingram shouldn't be too much considering the bobcats got him along with ten points. 5 points for Ingram is that 15 point 1 trade max. And I think that's plenty for him over a season. He would give the raps a scorer and attacking wing. Who still managed to average 15PPG off the bench while on the suns with 3 other guys averaging 20+.

The other trade that needs to happen is Ingram to the Wizards. Haha I'm not crazy, I just think these are the 2 best landing spots for him. And both of those teams have room to get better if they want to dethrone the pistons. The wizard have to pair multiple mid range contracts but they can do it with 3 guys.
CJ, morrow, and Gilly. Same thing. 5 points should be enough. The wizards desperately need a bump to their offensive firepower. I've been calling for it since the off-season and I've expressed that to them directly. The trade for ingram should be easy since the bobcats chose to speak up about Ingram being a cancer and not contributing to his team being better.

Issues? Neither team can afford to lose points so If they can swing a future draft pick instead, honestly they should do that. Because both teams will have an astronomical tax bill this season.
This is your captain speaking

BigDaddyd8720
PBSL Team: Pelicans

Post by BigDaddyd8720 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:05 pm

A team that should make a trade is the pelicans. Yes my own team. I’m in a decent spot to make a playoff push and try to steal a series win or two. I gotta either accept the fact that I truly will have to wait another season or two before really competing or speed up the process and trade a young player for someone established now. Hopefully I can make a decision quickly as there’s not much time left but I may have to learn to let go of players since I so many young players.

I’m all ears on any offers that can truly help both teams short and long term, if possible. I know I’m not, nor is anybody else, contending for a championship but definitely want to see if I can become one of the more competitive teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K-100
PBSL Team: Memphis Grizzlies

Post by K-100 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:14 pm

I think @SuperDog should trade Ayo Dosunmu's contract away either for a better player at that salary (heard Brandon Ingram is available) or dump that contract and avoid the tax. The Kings are in contention for a playoff spot already without Ayo contributing much so this will not disrupt the chemistry of the team to move on from him.

I also think @jlmarines needs to have a serious discussion about the state of the Cavs. Jon Isaac is expiring and with Vassell waiting in the wings to take over in Cleveland, is jlmarines ready to commit long-term to Jon Isaac as he enters his 30s? If not, it is time to shop him around for a S&T this offseason. If the Cavs do move on, they need to shop Liddell and Kozak too. They are not going to get a deal done in the waning hours of the deadline today, but they should start those talks now to be ready once the offseason rolls around. I think the Cavs have misfired in building a quality bench the past several seasons and have squandered their shot at competing with the team as is. The status quo is not working so they need to adjust course.

Mike Lowry
PBSL Team: Miami Heat

Post by Mike Lowry » Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:28 pm

I'm fairly surprised that more people are not mentioning the Pistons and Pacers as obvious trade participants.
They're the only teams looking at that 3 year repeater action and the bills getting up there.
Of course, a move from the Pistons would likely move them from dead locks for the title (by everybody else's standard) to strong competitors, but their move should be to acquire assets for Hoyt. They would still have a great chance at the 3 peat, but wouldn't end up in the type of hole that they're looking at in their bank account.
As for the Pacers, I always admire their ability to compete at a high level with a thin shallow lineup, but they seem to be a ways off from competing for the ship, and this looked like a great opportunity to to reset their tax.
They could have moved Safi or Amos and been clear and dry.
What cha gonna do

IamQuailman
PBSL Team: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by IamQuailman » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:04 pm

Pelicans & Trailblazers should be active on the trade market right now, and should be engaging the Pistons. I think especially the Pelicans could make a move to break up the band if he REALLY wanted to :o But that move would also help set him up for the future. THE FUTURE COULD BE REALLY BRIGHT, REALLY QUICK for the Pelicans if they played their cards right... As for the Trailblazers, Charley Quick ain't getting any younger... but the Pistons can really help him reset the ship. C'MON BAYBAY! LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN! LET'S SHATTER THE HEARTS AND DREAMS OF THE LEAGUE WITH ANOTHER DEADLINE BLOCKBUSTER
ImageImageImageImage

Jedihero
PBSL Team: Nuggets

Post by Jedihero » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:34 pm

kinda late, haven't even checked to see what has happened yet, but pretty surprised noone has been contacting me for Ford or RHJ. 2 pretty solid pieces that can help push someone over the line. I was kinda hoping that I would be able to have a deal done before deadline day, but oh well.

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:11 pm

Obviously, the Jazz should show up on the trade forums sending off someone like Clyde Cummings (who I'm still upset got blasted in TC due to gross negligence) for a few points so that they can get under the apron in this lost season. I don't know if it's a big deal to the Pels/Rockets or Nuggets/Spurs either, but they're fighting amongst each other on the edge of the 8 seeds and even if it's not a major upgrade, a solid acquisition could put one of the teams over and grab a playoff spot. The Pels seem like the logical choice of them, but they definitely should be careful on choosing who might be the addition. Then the dumb ass Lakers should also trade just cause they should and that's as good of a reason as any that exist.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

MexicanMamba

Post by MexicanMamba » Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:10 pm

+1
Jedi
Mamba
Quail
Lowry
K100
Big Daddy